Everyone wants a happily ever after…right? Ever wondered what the good luck and bad luck superstitions were all about? Everyone’s got a know-it-all in the family: the uncle who spits out World Series stats at the drop of a hat or the sister who can list all the James Bond flicks in reverse chronological order. We’re proud to be your wedding equivalent — here are 6 wedding facts to ponder as you plan your big day:
1. Brides, tuck a sugar cube into your glove — according to Greek culture, the sugar will sweeten your union.
2. The groom carries the bride across the threshold to bravely protect her from evil spirits lurking below.
3. Saturday is the unluckiest wedding day, according to English folklore. Funny — it’s the most popular day of the week to marry!
4. Rain on your wedding day is actually considered good luck, according to Hindu tradition!
5. Peas are thrown at Czech newlyweds instead of rice.
6. In Holland, a pine tree is planted outside the newlyweds’ home as a symbol of fertility and luck.
Instead of getting nailed in the head with peas, try another good luck tactic and REGISTER YOUR WEDDING with BABV!!!
We know planning a wedding can be more frustrating than trying to put on a wet bathing suit so take advantage of all the great benefits we offer!!!!
By registering your wedding on our NEW and convenient website you can:
1) Receive information from only the wedding professionals you need, just check the categories you need when you register. Did you know that the average brides spend 1-9 hours A WEEK planning their wedding? Don’t wear yourself out and take up so much of your precious free time by aimlessly surfing the Internet to find the information you need. BABV makes it a piece of cake (no pun intended) for you to check out the reliable vendors in their appropriate category!
2) Use the Favorites button when browsing wedding professionals to save the ones you like, use the list as you plan. Come on girls, I know you are all familiar with Pinterest. The idea of all your favorite things are organized in one place is awesome when planning! The website allows you to “pin” all your favorite ideas to come back and visit later on in the planning process.
3) Page through our latest Bride’s Guide online, or pick up a paper copy at the many convenient locations listed on the Bride’s Guide page. In a matter of minutes you will have access to ALL the information that you will need to plan your wedding! How simple is that!
4) Follow our new blog for current trends and ideas that you can personalize for your wedding. There are over 152,000,000 blogs floating around on the Internet, so why read ours? I’ll tell you why!! Our blog is valuable because LOCAL professionals who have immense experience in the wedding industry write it. The BABV is an organization made up of some of the most sought after and experienced professionals in the wedding business. What does that mean to you? It means that the information is accurate, dependable, and of course fun to read.
5) Buy your tickets for the 2014 Fall Bridal Show and Benefit right here, right now and save $5 each…and all ticket proceeds benefit Pink Alliance,Brazos Valley’s advocate for breast health and cancer support. Let’s be honest on this one…who doesn’t want to save money and do a good deed at the same time? Do you know what $5 can buy? A deck of cards, an Oreo dunking spoon, bacon flavored toothpicks…wait, what? Whatever, you get the point! Save those bucks and buy those tickets online!
6) Shop and buy local. All of our members are Wedding Professionals and are local to the Brazos Valley. Do you have any idea how much time would be spent driving out of town to visit wedding vendors or inquire about wedding services? Don’t try to fix something that isn’t broken! The Brazos Valley is jam-packed with reliable, affordable, and family run businesses that are eager to serve you and make your wedding day a dream come true! Knock out your meetings and tastings here locally and save that precious time of yours!
7) Have a question? Use “Contact Us” to ask us anything and benefit from our members’ many years of combined experience. Kevin Eubanks once said “The simple things in life ground me and keep me focused so I’m able to do a good job with what is in front of me.” You know what job is in front of you? Planning a wedding your guests will never forget. You know what is simple? Contacting BABV to figure out how to do just that!
8) Like, Tweet, Pin or Share your favorite blog articles and Wedding Professionals. Come on ladies, You know you are doing all of these things all day everyday so you might as well incorporate your wedding deets as well! Don’t be stingy, share all the goodness!
9) Tell your Mom and all your friends about BABV.org, let them in on all the fun of planning. What is the point of diving head first into this whole wedding planning business if you can’t gush about it to your family and friends? Integrate your family and friends into your planning through our website so they can swoon over all of your fabulous and creative wedding ideas!
10) BABV.org is open 24/7/365…plan your wedding on your own schedule. Ever walked up to a restaurant starving half to death craving their most delicious dish just to tug on the pull handle and be rejected with a locked door? Doesn’t that just throw you into a 2-year-old temper tantrum? No need to kick, scream, or throw yourself on the ground in a wailing fit over getting rejected by us! Because the website is available at ALL TIMES!
Hurry up and register your wedding!!! Take advantage of all our site has to offer so during your wedding planning you aren’t like a cake…in tiers!!!! Happy Planning!